Interested in working at PRI?
Browse our current openings below. To apply for one of our available positions: Email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com.
We are looking for an Underwriting Associate to support our Underwriters. This position assists and supports the underwriting function by gathering missing information on applications and rating of new business, renewals, and mid-term changes, as well as OnBase scanning on behalf of Underwriter. Strong communication skills required, some customer service experience is preferred.
STATUS: Full Time Position
LOCATION: Roslyn, NY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform underwriting support activities associated with gathering missing information on applications and rating of new business, renewals, and mid-term changes, as well as OnBase scanning on behalf of Underwriter.
• Work directly with Underwriting Account Manager to help manage and support their renewal book of business.
• Produce quotes and binders for the Underwriting Managers to present to policyholders and brokers.
• Issue new business and renewal policies and endorsements as instructed by the Underwriting Manager.
• Make retention calls to insureds who will be renewing.
• Call insureds on the CNPP list as a courtesy to attempt to receive outstanding premium.
• Research and answer inquiries from internal and external brokers and customers; act as liaison.
• Will interact directly with various other business units and internal departments.
• Assist with the review and analysis of the Underwriting Manager’s portfolio to help identify progress towards business objectives.
• Make data entries, as required, for applications and new business processes.
• Verify license numbers for doctors.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Associate degree or minimum of 1 year relevant office experience required. Customer service background preferred.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications required.
• Strong verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to maintain a cooperative, courteous and professional relationship while speaking with colleagues, insureds, brokers and management.
• Must be an independent worker who is detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with others in a professional manner.