We offer two programs designed to help our physicians manage the stress of malpractice litigation and/or adverse events.
We welcome you to participate in either or both of these programs. These confidential programs are complimentary to our doctors. Your participation is voluntary.
One to One Peer Support
A confidential telephone conversation with a seasoned and experienced physician colleague who is trained to understand the impact medical errors and lawsuits can have on your life.
A PEER SUPPORTER IS
- Ready to listen
A PEER SUPPORTER IS NOT
- A therapist or a counselor
- Familiar with any specifics of your case
- Permitted to offer an opinion or review medical records pertaining to your case
CONNECTING WITH A PHYSICIAN PEER IS EASY!
Please contact us so that we can arrange for you to speak with a peer:
- Call us at 516-277-4322
- Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Peer Support
An opportunity to meet with a small group of other physicians to discuss the shared experience of being involved with a medical error or a lawsuit.
THE PEER SUPPORT GROUP IS
- A group that meets monthly for 90 minutes (at PRI Headquarters in Roslyn, NY)
- A confidential safe environment
- Facilitated by a board certified psychiatrist, with expertise in group process.
THE PEER SUPPORT GROUP IS NOT
- Therapy or counseling
- For information on managing the stress of malpractice litigation, visit the Physician Litigation Stress Resource Center